University of Calgary, 19-24 August 2008
19-24 August 2008
- Advance registration
11 August 2008
- Manuscript submission for proceedings
15 October 2008
Quantum Communication Award
The International Quantum Communication Award for outstanding
achievements in quantum communication research is presented at each
QCMC. That award is sponsored by the Tamagawa University.
This year, the award winners are:
- Jeffrey Shapiro (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), for seminal contributions to the communication theory of
systems with quantum effects.
- Akira Furusawa (University of Tokyo), for pioneering experiments on quantum teleportation and
macroscopic superposition states.
- Anton Zeilinger (University of Vienna), for pioneering experiments on quantum teleportation and
multi-partite entanglement phenomena.
In the past, the award winners have been as follows:
- 1996: Charles Bennett, Carl Helstrom, Alexander Holevo, Horace Yuen
- 1998: Jeffrey Kimble, Peter Shor
- 2000: Paul Benioff, Christopher Monroe, David Wineland
- 2002: David Deutsch, Serge Haroche, Benjamin Schumacher
- 2004: Richard Jozsa, Prem Kumar
- 2006: Ignacio Cirac, Philippe Grangier, William Wootters, Peter Zoller
Travel grants and fee waivers
The deadline for travel grant applications has passed. Winners have been notified.
Last edited 18 June 2008